Responsibilities of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Perform scheduled maintenance on production and packing equipment.
- Provide emergency and/or unscheduled maintenance as required.
- Assist with set up of equipment for scheduled production runs.
- Assist with machine rebuilds, installations and moves
- Perform additional mechanical services as requested including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packing and other production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- In the course of repairing machinery, utilize LOCK OUT/TAG OUT training to safely de-energize and secure the machines against accidental ignition.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Requirements of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- 2+ years mechanical maintenance experience including:
- Industrial mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Basic welding and cutting procedures
- Set up and operation of general machine maintenance shop equipment and tools
- Proven ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment mechanically.
- Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Electrical capabilities