We are currently looking for an experienced CNC Programmer to fill an opening with a premier aerospace and medical machine shop based in the Springfield, MA area. Interested candidates should have a strong understanding of Medical and Aerospace CNC Machining and preferably have experience with NX CAD and CAM.
Responsibilities of the CNC Programmer
- Utilize CAD/CAM software.
- Make programs from solid models.
- Identify and create tool paths based on mold features.
- Develop and maintain custom tool libraries and operation libraries.
- Make programs for custom mold plates and mold bases.
- Use mics, indicators, calipers, and gauges to produce quality parts.
- Inspect work and maintain quality.
Requirements of the CNC Programmer
- Proficient in NX CAD and CAM
- Ability to write and edit programming
- Experience operating in a fast paced environment with new challenges daily
- A machining background is preferred
- Consistent working history (no more than 3 employers in 9 years)