Our client needs top notch maintenance mechanics on all shifts. This position challenges you to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve problems using great technique and industrial know - how. The technician will work with operators and production supervisors to solve problems to keep the equipment in top running condition. The responsibilities include but are not limited to determining if a problem is either mechanical or electrical and taking the appropriate steps to find the correct solution. The maintenance technician will be able to troubleshoot and solve minor electrical problems, pneumatic and hydraulic issues, have plumbing and electrical experience, while being able to weld. The Maintenance Technician will be able to do project work, perform preventive maintenance, and maintain great records.
Responsibilities of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Perform scheduled maintenance on production and packing equipment.
- Provide emergency and/or unscheduled maintenance as required.
- Assist with set up of equipment for scheduled production runs.
- Assist with machine rebuilds, installations and moves
- Fabricate machine repair, tooling parts, safety guards and other parts as requested.
- Perform additional mechanical services as requested including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packing and other production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health standards and requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Requirements of the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years mechanical maintenance experience including:
- industrial mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- basic welding and cutting procedures
- understanding of hydraulics
- set up and operation of general machine maintenance shop equipment and tools
- correct use of machinist measurement tools
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment mechanically.
- Capable of overcoming obstacles and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation preferred.
- PC skills including experience with MS Office Suite preferred.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.