We are seeking a full time school nurse in Ludlow, MA.
Responsibilities of the School Nurse include but are NOT limited to:
- Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
- Assessing the status of student and staff immunization documentation, when necessary.
- Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services, such as immunizations.
- Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
- Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
- Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
- Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
- Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
- Completing medical paperwork, when necessary.
- Attending various school meetings.
Requirements of the School Nurse:
- Current valid Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) License
- B.S.N. or higher degree
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Certification as a School Nurse from the Massachusetts Department of Education (MA DESE)
PLEASE APPLY TODAY!!!!