We have an immediate opening for a Special Education Paraprofessional
Responsibilities of the Special Education Paraprofessional:
- You’ll work with an individual student with special education needs, supporting their academic, behavioral, and social-emotional success and reinforcing the learning of content and skills introduced by classroom teachers.
- Provide one-to-one support during arrival, instruction, transitions, lunch, and dismissal.
- Help the student master equipment and/or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- Assist in the implementation of behavior management supports as directed and supervised by the teacher.
- Assist students with mobility and toileting needs.
Requirements of the Special Education Paraprofessional:
- Associate’s degree or higher OR completion of at least two years or 48 credit hours of study at an institution of higher education OR passing score on Parapor or WorkKeys assessment, measuring one’s knowledge of and ability to assist classroom teachers in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Minimum of 3 years Training or experience working with students with special needs
- Must be able to provide physical assistance to students.
- Knowledge of applied behavior analysis, analysis of daily living, augmentative communication, and behavior management.